2010 Laetitia Reserve du Domaine Arroyo Grande Valley Pinot Noir

14.3% alc., ph 3.77, TA 0.623, 1,200 cases, $40. Released January 12, 2012. Composed of the most concentrated estate fruit that is given more hang time on the vine and a lengthier time in oak. The wine is a blend of 60% of the same consistent vineyard blocks while the remaining 40% are special lots that stand out with the vintage. Clones are 115, 667, 459, Pommard 5, W├Ądenswil, and Martini 13. Aged 11 months in 40% new and 60% neutral French oak barrels. · Moderately dark reddish-purple color in the glass. The nose picks up intensity and romance over time in the glass revealing very enticing aromas of perfectly ripe blackberries, clay and forest floor. Delicious, rich core of black cherry and blackberry fruits with a riff of cherry cola on the generous, very slightly hot finish which has noticeable length. The tannins are rather reserved making for good drinking now. Very good. Reviewed October 2, 2012

Winery: Laetitia Vineyard & Winery
From article: California Pinot Noir from A to T