VOLUME 11, ISSUE 50
November 1, 2019
ARTICLES IN THIS ISSUE:
The Prince Departs

2010 Woodenhead Mendocino Ridge Pinot Noir

148 cases, $38. Sourced from the Valenti Vineyard. 60% of bud stock came from Morning Dew Ranch including a Rochioli selection with the remaining 40% clone 115. First crop from vines budded over to Pinot Noir from Zinfandel. · Moderately light reddish-purple color in the glass. Unfolds slowly in the glass, offering fragrant notes of dark cherries and berries with a hint of oak and dried rose petals. On the lighter side, but very tasty and highly approachable, with flavors that echo the nose, finishing with a flourish of black raspberry aromatics. The tannins are dry and fine-grain, the acidity brings the fruit to life and the whole package is very smooth and dreamy on the palate. Very good (+). Reviewed June 23, 2013

Winery: Woodenhead
From article: Woodenhead: Real Wines Made with Dinosaur Methodology